Range Rules, Waiver, Safety Training Video
Safety is our number one priority!
- Eye and ear protection are required on the range at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- DO NOT go forward of the booth bench under any circumstances. If an item has fallen beyond your reach, contact range personnel for assistance.
- Firearms MUST BE POINTED DOWN RANGE at all times when inside shooting booth and pointed BARRELS UP when anywhere else in the facility.
- DO NOT BRING ANY LOADED OR JAMMED GUNS THAT ARE UNCASED INTO THE LOBBY.
- If you need assistance with your ﬁrearm, leave it in the booth facing downrange and contact range personnel for assistance.
- Only one shooter in the booth at a time. Only one non-shooter is allowed.
- Targets must be mounted below the designated line on the cardboard backers. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Do not shoot the ceiling, the deﬂector plates, or the target trolley. All shots must go straight into the backstop.
- The following ammunition types are not allowed inside the range. These types will be conﬁscated by range personnel and returned when you check out:
b. Shotgun ammunition that is not a single slug
c. Steel Jacketed/Armor piercing
d. Hand loaded ammunition
- NO ‘BumpFire” stocks, binary triggers or “faux-auto” trigger kits are allowed in the range.
- Upon hearing the command “CEASE FIRE”, unload your ﬁrearm, place it on the bench with the action open, step back to the tables, and await further instructions.
- Rental ﬁrearms must only use ammunition purchased at Southtown Shooters Tactical during the current visit.
- DO NOT disassemble or attempt to repair range rentals.
- DO NOT throw live ammunition down range or throw away in trash cans.
- No ﬁrearms outside of stalls.
- No shooting across lanes allowed.
- No ‘two-gunning.” You may only shoot one ﬁrearm at a time in your stall.
- DO NOT shoot from the hip. Only proper aimed ﬁre is allowed.
- No drawing from a holster is allowed at any time.
- No “mag dumps” or rapid ﬁre is allowed at any time.
- If a holstered ﬁrearm exits the booth, it must be unloaded, with no magazine inserted, and the slide locked to the rear.
- Parents/guardians are solely responsible for the minors in their charge and must be present with them at all times in the range or in the lobby.
- Due the risk of lead exposure and high auditory reports from ﬁrearms, PREGNANT women are STRONGLY DISCOURAGED from being inside the range.
- Range personnel retain the right to dismiss anyone from the premises without refund observed handling ﬁrearms in an unsafe manner, not following the rules and regulations stated above, or suspected to be under the inﬂuence of controlled substances.